How to Get Discouraged Teens To Work Towards Their Goals
How to Get Discouraged Teens Working Toward Their Goals
3.5 hours, 3.5 CEs, 3 EMDRIA CEs
ON DEMAND FOR 30 DAYS
Teens and families often become hopeless about the future and stay in endless and repetitive patterns of communication and damaging behaviors.
This webinar offers practical, strength-based treatment strategies to mobilize high-risk teens and their families towards envisioning the future.
For more details, click here.
Participants will be able to:
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing language and a scripted intervention with families and teens to instill hope and help motivate youth to mobilize to take steps to their future.
- Learn how to assist their clients on producing a “Future Self” via story board/ vision board including images, music and affirmations in storyboard form and/or digital format.
- Utilize somatic posturing to help clients enhance and embrace the image of the “Future Self” as a resource and anchor.
- Learn to work with clients to identify beliefs that are blocking the fulfillment of the Future Self intervention. Participants will learn to shift these blocking beliefs to move towards the vision of the future.
- Learn a script and art activity to introduce and normalize ego states work with anxious and depressed adolescent clients.
- Learn an activity to explore ego states and related emotions to inspire and create concrete steps for moving toward goals.
Before you Register:
Please use a personal email instead of a work email as agencies block emails to multiple senders, and you will be receiving a link to a webinar.
Following your registration you will be contacted by our training coordinator with access details.
When you watch the recording, you will have to take a mandatory quiz and complete an evaluation and will then be eligible to get a certificate.